Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rats!

So apparently rats have infested our home, because this past week Makayla has been waking up with some pretty tangled hair. This makes it so fun when it's time to start getting ready. I took a picture for your viewing pleasure of our worst rats nest yet.I got the pleasure of going to a John Rosemond workshop on Sunday. I learned a lot of helpful stuff that I can implement with the girls to help with discipline issues. One was the issue of toys, mainly picking them up. It was clear, we have too many. Rosemond's advice was that 2's have no more than 15 toys. So, now we have a closet full of toys and a playroom full of... well, playing now. It was so cluttered with toys that playing didn't really go on, we now have peace. I like that. Plus, cleaning up is a breeze because it's a task the girls can actually handle. Another thing I learned was since all of us parents think our kids are gifted, we are only to tell our children to do things once and then walk away with the expectation they will be done. If they are not completed, then discipline takes place. So we have been implenting that as well. Makayla sure is smart...too smart. We have been practicing this for the past two days. Tonight at dinner she had made a mess with her grape peels and I asked her to put them back in the bowl and then I walked away. When I returned, Makayla had employed Caroline in the task of putting the peels back in the bowl, which she was doing joyfully and with much enthusiasm. Makayla was just giving out instructions with each peel and Caroline was ignorantly obeying, so I took a picture of that too.

Now, they say that kids grow up too fast. Well, I have really been struggling with that fact recently with the girls birthdays approaching. I can't believe that they will be 2 and 3, that's just too old! Well, I decided to watch the news tonite (which I never do) because I heard it might snow again. I am clearing the dishes from the table when I glance at Caroline. She is sitting there, remote up, trying to change the channel. She just looked like a little adult trying to catch the news. Oh..kids.

No comments: