Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Cookies

Cooking has not been a strong point for me. My mother, whom I love, did not spend a lot of time teaching me cooking skills. The longer I have been married, the more skills that I have picked up. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the kitchen at this point. One of my goals is for my children to feel confident in the kitchen when they leave our home. I would like for them to be able to prepare their own dinners with ease. Of course, that takes a lot of patience....and that would be another one of my issues :) But I am working on it and every once and a while I will muster up my strength and invite the girls to cook with me instead of just watching. This past Friday was one such day. We had some Christmas cookies to make, so I thought the girls would love to help. And they did! Of course, licking was one of the main jobs, but they did it well! Except for the batter being too mushy to use cookie cutters (I have learned what I did wrong) we did a pretty good job! Who cares what they look like when they taste yummy!

Licking the blender, no worries, it wasn't on :)

Makayla putting on sprinkles


Caroline putting on sprinkles


Before they went in the oven


My sweet helpers!

No comments: