Saturday, December 4, 2010

The First Snow

Our Lovely Home
I have been lying on the couch all evening iceing my bum. What does this have to do with the First Snow? Let me tell you. Today, December 4th it snowed in North Carolina. The girls and I enjoyed a nice girls day out. We went to a craft fair and had lunch with my mother. On our way home snow flurries began to fall. By the time I had the girls settled in to their nap (aka: playtime in the bedroom while I have time to myself minus the fifty times I am called to help kiss boo-boos, break up fights and potty breaks) the snow was picking up. After a while I went in to the girls room and opened their blinds so that they could see outside and watch the snow. Once the anticipation built, we all got on layers of clothes to go outside. That's when it happened! I was innocently bending over to tie Caroline's shoes when BAM! I squatted down right on to the corner of the coffee table. I think it took two whole minutes for me to catch my breath and stop what surely would have been a flood of tears. I push past it and we go play outside. 20 minutes of trying to get dressed, 5 minutes of playtime. My fault, I couldn't find their gloves. Oh well! Good reason to have some nice hot chocolate. Once I was back in the house and not so distracted by the fun of the snow I realized how much my bum was hurting. I got some ice and sat on the couch and shed a few tears. Luckily my husband is a nurse and I was able to text him to get some helpful healing tips until he got home. I hobbled through the rest of the evening and Josh surprised me with a Dr. Pepper and a movie. What a great Nurse!
Here are some pictures of our first snow this season:
Making Snowballs
Throwing them at the van
My Three Snow Angels
Makayla eating the snow off of the bushes
Caroline after licking a leave clean of snow
My Sweet Sydney, she is half the size of the snow suit, but it's all I had!

No comments: