Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's Fun to be One



When did my baby grow up? Today is Sydney's first birthday. I just can't believe how quickly time flies! I had so many flashbacks today of Makayla and Caroline's first birthday's; it is just amazing how quickly this journey of parenting can fly by!


Today we celebrated with our family for dinner. We invited my folks, my grandma and my sister's family to join in the festivities. I slaved all day ordering the pizza :)


Makayla was very enthusiastic about helping me set up for the party, so here is a samping of my future hostess-to-be's work. What a lovely fork display :)


I know, this cake is not nearly as elaborate as Makayla's, but hey, I did it myself. Next time I know that I should splurge on the extra frosting and use real cake decorating tips.


I thought this was such a cute captured moment of Sydney and Gram Gram enjoying some quality time together before the party started. Sydney sat there for at least 5 minutes, almost a record!




Here she is, so excited to open the gift that her sister's picked out for her. I was so proud of Makayla and Caroline. They were playing with the change in their wallets and decided on their own that they wanted to get Sydney a birthday present. I packed them all up and took them to the Dollar Tree and let them pick out whatever they wanted. Narrowing things down to just one was difficult, but in the end they were both pleased with their choice.






Stacking blocks from her cousins. I know, you would think we would have had our own set, now we do!



It's difficult deciding what to play with. The new toys, the wrapping paper or a toy that's already been opened! She enjoyed them all!



YUM! Her first taste of chocolate. She was a little hesistant at first, but she quickly got the hang of it! We were all pleased by her reaction and the mess that she made.



She thought she was so funny sitting in the sink to get rinsed off. I LOVE this picture!


No comments: