Monday, October 19, 2015

Not that kind of blog

There are many different kinds of blogs.

Sharing blogs, recipe blogs, religious blogs, mothering blogs...

Mothering blogs....sigh....

There are many blogs that I have fallen in love with, only to be disappointed to realize that the blogger really had no greater credentials than I have.

There are so many blogs out there offering parenting and spiritual advice, but only from the heat of the moment they are experiencing at the time.

Parenting is such a ever changing process.  The "wisdom" that I gained with just two young children no longer applies to the two young children that I have now.  The spiritual advice I would have given myself as a mother of young children no longer applies, yet I still have young children. The way I ran a household even just last year does not apply to how I run a household now.  

I don't need a mom in the process of motherhood giving me advice on how to be a mother.

If that is what you are looking for, this is not your blog.

I don't have any answers.  I've tried a lot of different things, but really, life is very case specific. So unless you've had 5 kids in 6 years, live in NC and are married to a nurse, my life is going to look very different from yours.

I also don't believe that my job is harder than my husbands.  I don't feel like I deserve a break all the time or that I'm always deserving time away from the kids.  I like "girl time," but I don't deserve it any more than my husband deserves "guy time."  My husband works very hard.  He has a great burden on his shoulders to provide for our family.  In no way do my responsibilities at home trump that.

So really, all I can offer are the experiences that I have.  I like to share and write.  That's why I have a blog.  It's also nice for family and memories.

That is my kind of blog.

1 comment:

Euphemia said...

First time poster, long time reader. To quote Mrs. Gardiner in Pride & Prejudice: "Take care, my love. That savors strongly of bitterness."