Friday, October 17, 2008

Go Buckeyes!

I apologize for not getting any video footage up of Caroline falling asleep at the table. Our camera died right after we taped her, so we couldn't download it. Anyone want to get us a new one for Christmas???

This has been a fun relaxing week for the Bradley's. I'm not ready for Josh to go back to school. Why do we have to work? Speaking of work, I have put out my resume for some daycares and preschools so that Makayla and Caroline could come with me to work. I have a couple interviews lined up, but since I'm so picky about who takes care of the girls, I think I will be interviewing them more than they are me. It's nice to have some options to think about. I got to babysit a 3 month old today and I decided it would be really fun to get another degree in Child Development so I can counsel parents. I was really proud that I did not get the baby bug!

I think the best part of this week for me happened in Ladies Bible class on Wednesday night. We are doing a Beth Moore study on the life of Paul (so happy to be in the New Testament!). I hadn't done a lot of the study for this week, so I did more listening than talking. This lesson really spoke to my heart. The women were discussing hardships that we go through and how to deal with them. I felt like the whole class they were talking just to me (partly because they were :) And then we looked up this verse and it has transformed my week, "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17. It just put everything in perspective for me. I get so stressed worrying about where our money is going to come from and how we are going to make it the next year, but it doesn't matter, because Heaven is awesome! The Lord blessed Josh and me with some awesome time meditating with Him and I am so thankful.

To end up this post (since the week isn't over yet) we had a blast tonite at my cousin's rehearsal dinner. He had a football themed dinner and we got to wear our team colors. Thanks to Josh's mom, the girls looked absolutely ADORABLE!! Everyone was talking about how cute they were (good thing they aren't going to be at the wedding or the bride might get jealous!) We had a good time grooving to blue grass, eating great bbq and welcoming Allie into the Longaberger traditions of the Safley's. So... I hope you enjoy a few of our snapshots of our Buckeye family!








Special thanks to Bows by Emily for providing the bows seen in these pictures ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Grandpa and I are so glad to see the Bradley family. Those two little great-granddaughters are so cute. Deb & Chris sure did a good job picking those outfits out. Miss all you guys.
Love, Great Grandma S.
Great Grandpa S.
Hope you get this. We're new at this.

Unknown said...

I really must apologize for the psychological damage done to Josh by staying in Ohio for to many years. Go Gophers.

Love Dad Bradley