Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time to Relax

Phew.... It's time to breath. This past week has been extremely busy for the Bradley family. Of course, every week seems busy when Josh is in school, but this week I actually had a life to add to the business. Since it's not my month for children's worship, I was looking forward to actually sitting in class and worship, unfortunately, I got too caught up in making sure everything was set with this months helpers and talking with someone who also has a cervical rib, I missed all of class and was late to worship, maybe next Sunday! Monday we had my second bow party. I invited lots of other vendors and we ended up with my sister, Cards by Jennifer, Kaeli who knits, Cathleen who makes candles, and Rachel who sent some yummy cupcakes and her portfolio. I think it was very succesful for all of us.... now we just have to fill all of the orders. Thursday Kaeli and I threw a lingerie shower for our married friend Jenn. She eloped in May and is having her cermony on Tuesday, so she missed out on all the showers that usually happen when you wait to get married. We had a BLAST! Everything turned out great and we successfully embarrassed the bride, although puking wasn't in our plans, she still says she had fun!
In the midst of this, Makayla has been continually reeking havoc in her room. By the time she's three there is not going to be anything left in her room. We've already moved everything out of her room except for the furniture. Even though the closet has a safety handle, we still have to barricade it with the dresser before naps and bedtime. This week she managed to climb on the dresser and break the clock, but even more amazing, she managed to lift the side of Caroline's crib (we have the basic kind where you can lower the side) so now Caroline has a toddler bed because Makayla broke the sliding side of the crib. That sure did make for a fun naptime today!
On a more serious note, we sold the last of our furniture that we felt we could do without. We still have some miscellaneous items we need to post on Craigslist. I got to babysit twice this week, and I'm piddling around with some online work. We're trying to find some ways to make some extra cash to pay for the surgery and to make it until Josh finishes school. It's time to take some serious action. I'm taking suggestions.
But there have been two very big blessings this week. We found out that while Josh is doing is Capstone nursing his final semester in school, he will get paid for his hours of working. But the best, most immediate blessing is FALL BREAK!!! I'm looking forward to spending a week with my husband and family and getting to relax and gear up for the end of the semester.
Sorry there aren't any pictures this week. But I will post some as they come, hopefully we'll have some family fun this week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Online nursing capstone degree programs can help you to choose from the range of degrees that you want to study. While you can stay at home and complete the online nursing courses, you can become the professional nurses after you choose your course.