Friday, January 2, 2009

End of Christmas Break

It's so sad that the end of Josh's break is approaching. It feels so much sooner to me because I won't get to spend any time with him his last week off. On Sunday my mom and I will be flying to Colorado for the long awaited rib removal surgery. Things are a little stressful in the Bradley house as we try to get everything ready for a week without mommy. I'm already starting to pre-miss my family and worry about being gone from them for a week. Although I am more than confident in Josh's parenting abilities, a week is still a long time to be a single parent. And of course, the uncertainties of surgery are also heavy on my mind. I don't know exactly what to expect afterwards except that I can't lift over 10 lbs for 4-6 weeks and that I will sometimes have lots of pain. Having a big scar on my neck isn't so thrilling either, I'm trying to come up with some great stories of how I got it, so feel free to give me some suggestions. I liked my father-in-laws perspective best, he thought that since I was getting the rib taken out that Josh should start submitting to me (just like Adam and Eve).
Christmas was great. Santa was very generous with all of us, we have more toys than space, but I guess that's a good problem to have. Makayla is starting to understand the concept of Santa and getting presents and thoroughly enjoys looking out for Christmas lights. Caroline just like to rip things. They both love the markers they got for Christmas, Makayla draws me pretty pictures and Caroline just sits there taking the cap off and putting it back on. Fun times for all! We enjoyed our time visiting in Ohio and got our long awaiting video camera, so we should be able to get some video clips on here (as soon as I figure it out).
We didn't take a lot of pictures this year, Christmas was pretty chaotic with so many little grandkids running around, but here are a few pics for you to enjoy.
Makayla and Caroline dressed up for Christmas Eve service

Poor Mason being forced into a family picture

Caroline stealing from her sisters stocking

The beginning of Christmas chaos

No comments: