Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A Child's Guide to Prayer Book Review

I have been so surprisingly pleased with this book!  At first glance, my 13 year old thought that the
book was cute, but maybe a bit juvenile.  But it immediately caught the attention of my
7, 8, and 9 year olds. The prayers are really not that much different/shorter than what we
typically pray for evening prayers, yet these girls are eager for their turn to help lead our
family in prayer each night.  Even my teenager is happy to have a turn reading. On top of that,
my elementary aged children are even bringing the book to me in the mornings for a chance
to do morning prayers. We could easily be using this book so many other times during the day,
praying at meals, to other saints, for communion, etc.  I feel like we’ve barely cracked the potential
of prayer this book offers. The small size and the beautiful pictures are appealing to my children.
Even though there are some big words, the prayers are common and my girls are able to figure
them out. It is so nice to start seeing them take some ownership of their own prayer lives and that
of our family.  I am thankful to have this tool to help my children (and myself!) grow in their
relationship with God through prayer.

I was provided with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: