Thursday, December 20, 2012

Maple Salmon




Don't you just love Elf?  I couldn't help but be reminded of this scene as I was preparing tonite's dinner :)
I have always tried to incorporate fish into our diet, but have never been very creative with it. The most I could come up with on my own was to fry some fish in my own bread crumbs and olive oil. Although this makes for a delightful Southern dish, I am sure there are many more healthy alternatives out there. I always enjoy following the suggestions on the Trader Joe's wrappers for cooking fish. But, *gasp*, my husband brought home some Salmon that had no directions! What is a girl to do?! To the Internet I go! Allrecipes.com pulled through again tonite. My husband usually gets food from work on Thursday nights, saving me the trouble of packing him a dinner, but tonite he stole from the girls leftovers so that he would have this salmon dish at work too! I was hopeful that the sweetness from the syrup would have been appealing to my girls, but alas, it was fish, so therefore they did not touch it. But let me tell you, it was one tasty dish! I felt like a master chef! This is such an easy marinade made with very few, common household ingredients. I followed many of the suggestions and omitted the garlic salt and doubled the batch. I also basted my fish half-way through the cook time. Many other suggestions included wrapping in tin foil to help keep things flavorful, but since I don't like tin foil, I basted. It turned out great. Once one the plate I covered it once more with the sauce. YUM!!!
So check out the recipe for Maple Salmon and enjoy!

Someday I am going to learn how to take good pictures of my own food. For now, I must borrow from others.
 

Picture taken from allrecipes.com

1 comment:

Cooking Recipes said...

Nice, I found this blog very useful for me, Great informative information.