Thursday, February 7, 2013

Easy Noodle Stir Fry

Fresh veggies are becoming an easier favorite at our house, especially as we learn to adjust to the rhythms of the ascetic lifestyle of the Orthodox Church and a whole foods approach to eating. 
This is another recipe from my new favorite blog Heavenly Homemakers.  Seeing Easy in the title is definitely a lure, but Stir Fry, it won my heart over since that means I get to use my new ceramic skillet from Pampered Chef.  Nothing sticks to that thing!  And I won't end up with Alzheimer's as with aluminum pans!
Moving on.
This recipe couldn't be more simple.  Pick your favorite veggies, fry them in olive oil, mix in noodles and add soy sauce.  Voila! Check out the link for the recipe for Easy Noodle Stir Fry!
So without further ado, here is my version of Easy Noodle Stir Fry in pictures :)  (Plus a super duper time saving tip!)
 

Don't you just love a rainbow of vegetables??  I chose red "juicy" peppers (as we call them around here), corn, carrots and broccoli.  The corn is frozen, the rest is fresh.
 

 
This is the best part!  I cooked the noodles, and I was draining them thinking of the torment that lies ahead of cutting up noodles for 4 kids, I remembered my all time favorite kitchen tool: Double Bladed Scissors!  These babies might be called Salad Choppers, but I use them more for other purposes.  Another fave is cutting up chicken into bite size pieces, it takes two seconds!  So, here you have me chopping those noodles in no time!  It was bliss! Did I mention they are spring loaded?
 
 
I threw the noodles back in the pot and added the soy sauce.  Give it a little stir and you're good to go!  This would be great with some chicken too. 
 
Thanks again Heavenly Homemaker for another winner of a recipe!

2 comments:

Brian Cunningham said...

Definitely some spice up in that house...

Brian Cunningham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.