Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cheesy Beef and Rice

One of the goals that I have for my girls is to teach them how to cook.  Not just the basics, but the why's and how's.  Of course, many of those I am still learning myself, but, nonetheless, I want my girls to know not just how to make a dinner, but a healthy one. 
 
Unfortunately, I do not enjoy cooking with kiddos.  It is a big test of my patience! 
 
Oh well!  No one said this motherhood thing was going to be easy...
 
So, biting the bullet, this week I have been making an effort to let my kids "help" me make dinner, teaching them things along the way.  Heavenly Homemaker gave us another yummy recipe, Cheesy Beef and Rice.

 
 
 
Here is Caroline measuring out the sour cream.


 
Makayla is learning the art of browning meat.  We might have had a little bit of meat flung around the kitchen :)


 
Caroline is mixing her sour cream into our beef and rice mixture.


Sydney is our professional cheese spreader, she also has this job on Pizza Night.



The finished dish, which my sweet husband pointed out that I should have taken the picture before I served everyone's plate....


 
 
Don't be deceived by Sydney's smile, it was not one of her fave's, but we did have a lovely time as a family and that counts more!

No comments: