Thursday, February 14, 2013

Italian Pasta Bake

What better for Valentine's Day than to share a dish I LOVE with a slightly romantic Italian theme...ok, maybe not so much romantic, but throw in some candles and put the kids to bed early and it could be...just a thought... 
 
Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE the Heavenly Homemakers recipes???  Maybe a couple hundred times, but here is another of her recipes I tried recently and absolutely LOVE! It's called Italian Pasta Bake, and it couldn't be much more simple. We love some pasta in our house, and her time saving and pot saving tips really made this cook happy!
 
 
 
Heat your spaghetti sauce in a dish. I think she recommends using tomato sauce and adding spices, but my husband couldn't find that at the store, so I had  gladly used marinara sauce instead.  The magic?  Add water to the sauce and then throw in the noodles!  Genius!  The noodle absorbed the water, so it was a perfect two-for, heating the sauce and cooking the noodles at the same time!



Add your browned meat to the pot and mix.


Throw it in your pretty new stoneware 9x13 from Pampered Chef and top with cheese.
Bake for a bit and you're done!

 
Proof that even my kids liked it!  That means it's a new must for our menu!

No comments: