Friday, March 1, 2013

Our February

I realize that lately I have been posting more about my life than the lives of our children. 
Never fear! 
I have decided that unless there is a super fun special event, that I will do a monthly rap-up at the end of each month. 
As I was trying to think of what happened in this short month, I didn't think there was much, but now that I've looked back through the pictures, we had a pretty good month!
 
So enjoy this photo journey through our February!
 
 
Sydney's new favorite book is Pete the Cat.  She LOVES it!  We have yet to have a child fixate on something, but now we do.  She would sit and read the book all day if she could.  And when she's not reading the book, she singing the song in the book.  This is a picture snapped of Sydney "reading" to her baby sister (whom she loves!). 
 
 
Abigail is all dressed and ready for a fun day of play at Marbles.  We had an awesome field trip for all the homeschool and preschool families from our church.  It's great when you have families of lots of kids, it's easy to get the group rate!  Marbles treated us right and we were even able to reserve a room for lunch.  Because of this, I have now been selected as the Social Director for the kids at church :)
 

It amazes me how spiritually minded my Makayla is.  This is a cross that she made out of sticks and rubber bands.  She is constantly making crosses, singing church songs, drawing pictures about the Bible.  My favorite this month was a prayer that she wrote out.  We framed it and put it in our Icon Corner.
 



Sydney is patting the "baby" that is in her tummy.  I have no idea where she got this from, but she has become such the little mommy at home.  When she's not reading Pete the Cat, she is taking care of her "fragile doll."  She feeds her, puts her to bed, changes her diaper, you name it!  I am always being told what baby is doing.  It is so sweet watching her little imagination!

 
Josh and I were very desperate for some time alone this month.  Babysitters are not easy to find 1) because we have so many kids 2) Because we just don't have the money to pay!  So, we improvised and had an in-home date night.  We hurriedly got the kids to bed right at 7pm and then we had a nice candlelight dinner, ALL BY OURSELVES!!  It is so nice to be able to sit and eat dinner without the interruptions of little ones!


I thought this was so sweet, little Abby just snuggling with her sisters!  They aren't resting, we just don't have TV in our living room, so if the girls are ever treated with TV, they have to sit in our bed.  TV is just not a priority in our house, I'd much rather have them play outside or doing something creative inside, so it just hasn't been part of our day.  Although, there are times when  TV is appropriate.  This time we had just finished reading Peter Pan, so the girls were doing an "educational" review of the movie and shared with me similarities and differences afterwards.  


I really don't like all the junk candy that Valentine's Day can bring.  It is soooo nasty and we never eat it all, so there is nasty candy laying around my house forever.  Seriously, we still have most of our Easter candy left from last year.  So, when Josh went out to get Valentine's for his girls, I asked him to avoid candy.  So this is what he came up with and the girls LOVED it!  He got them supplies to make their own Valentine's cards and some fun snacks.  The girls spent hours at the table making Valentines for everyone they know, I even made a Valentine for my special someone :)

 
 

While all the girls were all artsy craftsy, Josh was outside being manly and building a fire pit.  So for a romantic Valentine's dinner we had fire roasted Hot Dogs and Smores for dessert.  The girls love a good camp fire! 


Believe it or not, it has actually snowed twice this winter!  Our second snow was definitely the biggest.  The girls were chomping at the bit to go outside and play in the snow.  I am a snow scrooge, so I stayed inside.  Luckily, their daddy enjoys the snow, so he took them out early Sunday morning and gave them one last romp in the snow before it all melted while we were at church.

 
You can't tell in this picture, but my Julianna is finally walking!  A week before she turned 19 months!  She had been playing around with the idea for a few weeks and then randomly she made up here mind that is was time to walk and she hasn't stopped since!  She has quickly learned all the fun stuff she can get into now that she is upright and moving fast!



Josh and I actually got to go on a REAL date!  Our sweet neighbors had given us a gift certificate to a restaurant and a coupon for free babysitting.  Our schedules finally coordinated and we actually got to go out and enjoy an evening as just adults.  The girls enjoyed watching mommy get all pretty for daddy.  We had a great time in peace and quiet with each other.  What could be more fun than dinner, Lowes, Starbucks and Walmart :) 
 
 
Like I said, Sydney loves her baby sister.  She is always asking to hold her.  Of course she doesn't realize that Abby weighs just a little less than she does, so this time it ended up that Abby layed on top of Sydney.  I love the sweet sister moments!


 
My mom got the girls some new dress up clothes.  All the girls dressed up and danced around the living room. Even Julianna, walking to dancing in just a few weeks!  It warms my heart!
 
 
Even Abby joined in on the dress up fun :)



1 comment:

Missy said...

Your firepit is calling my name..."Miiiiisssssssssyyyy, come roast marshmallows over my warm, glowing embers..."